- Kindergarten classes have been moved to home schools. Kindergarten enrollment has increased by 39 students from August 2017 to December 2018.
- To accommodate working parents, each of our schools open their doors at 7 am each morning.
- We offer two after-school two activity buses for our middle school and high school students – 4:15 pm and 5:45 pm.
- We are incorporating eLearning this year. After we utilize the scheduled make up days of January 21st and February 18th, all remaining make up days will be made up through eLearning.
- We have doubled our number of corporation School Resource Officers from two to four. Two officers are stationed full time at the High School, one officer is located at the middle school, and one officer travels between our elementary schools.
- We are excited to announce that we have a new Facebook Page and a new Website. Additionally, one of our dedicated staff members, Kim Nguyen, will be managing both the Facebook page and Website. Contact her at email@example.com if you have information to post.
- Eastwood, Parker, Sunnyside, and Wilbur Wright Elementary Schools feature free breakfast and lunch for all students. New Castle Middle School also offers free breakfast for every child.
- We anticipate opening a new PreKindergarten program in February 2019 at Parker Elementary. Please contact our Assistant Superintendent, Lisa Smith, for more information.
- We now offer STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) programs at Riley, Parker, and New Castle Middle School.
- Through a partnership with Indiana University and the generosity of the Danny Danielson family, New Castle Schools has acquired the Danielson Education Center on Trojan Lane. The Danielson Center is now home to our Career Center Health Sciences classes.
- All are invited to attend our final Long Term Planning Task Force Presentations on:
*January 8th at 6pm in the Community Room of the Middle School
*January 17th at 6pm in the Community Room of the Middle School
January 22nd at 6pm in the Community Room of the Middle School
February 11th Board meeting presentation (Time and location TBD)
*Please note that January 8th and 17th will be the same presentation