This spring many of our students participated in the required state assessment called ILEARN. This applied to students in grades 3-8 and High School Biology. Since ILEARN is a new test, the final results from the Department of Education with proficiency scores will not be available for schools until August 15.
However, per Indiana Code, parents have an opportunity to request a rescore for any open-ended questions to which they responded.
The ILEARN rescore request window is now open through July 31st. To begin the request process, you must contact the school building in which your child’s assessment was taken.
Please keep in mind the following points.
- Only the school principal is permitted to show you an image of your student’s response.
- A scoring rubric to help you decide whether to request a rescore will be made available.
- While you may see your child’s response, NO SCORES, POINT TOTALS, OR EVALUATION of the student responses will be available.
- Once the rescore request is submitted, the request or score changes cannot be reversed.
- The rescore request window extends through July 31st and final results are anticipated after August 15th per The Indiana DOE timeline.
If you have questions, or would like to review the image of your child’s responses to open ended items, please contact the school where student testing occurred. Most principals will be available at registration events, but may require scheduled appointments to appropriately meet your requests.