Updated High School Announcements – May 12th
End of Year Activities
- Seniors may pick up their Caps/Gowns on May 13th near door 2 from 10:00-1:00. The Jostens’ representatives will be there to pass out these materials and answer questions you may have.
- There is a National Virtual Graduation on May 16th at 8:00 pm on several television stations. Please go to graduatetogether2020.com if you want to participate in this event virtually.
- We will still have a Recognitions Program virtually at 7 pm on May 28th. This event will be Livestreamed. Information will be sent out soon on how to watch this event. Scholarship winners and school awards will be announced live that evening.
4. Unfortunately, there will be no school sponsored Prom this school year.
5. Students need to pick up personal items and return school materials from May 26-May 29. Please return any library books, textbooks, and other school property. Grades 9-11 will keep their school devices over the summer. Seniors need to return devices that day. Office staff will clean out lockers and have your personal items in bags to bring outside of Doors 1 and 2 during that day. Awards, certificates, scholarship materials and other things will be passed out that day as well. The following is the schedule:
Tuesday, May 26th from 9:00-12:00 Freshman
Wednesday, May 27th from 9:00-12:00 Sophomores
Thursday, May 28th from 9:00-12:00 Juniors
Friday, May 29th from 9:00-12:00 Seniors (Seniors will also receive a Carryout Breakfast sponsored by theNew Castle Breakfast Optimist Club).
If possible, please attend the times designated by your last name:
6. We are planning on having a fairly traditional commencement ceremony on Saturday, July 11th at 10:00 am in the Fieldhouse. This event will be Livestreamed. However, there will be some restrictions/modifications to the graduation ceremony including limiting the number of guests allowed per graduate. Each graduating senior may bring 2 guests to the ceremony using a ticket system. We hope to expand this number of tickets if possible. An alternative/virtual commencement will take place that same weekend if the traditional ceremony cannot take place due to health-related restrictions.