This is Dr. Trina Wilkey, the New Castle Community School Corporation RN, with a COVID19 Update:
Effective Wednesday, February 17, 2021, the following protocols will be in place:
Close Contact Definition – Students
- Will remain as previously defined.
- Contact tracing will continue at a 6 feet distance.
Asymptomatic Close Contacts – Students
- Students will have a 10 day quarantine at home & will return on the 11th day.
- Students will utilize enhanced precautions on days 11-14 & monitor for symptoms of Covid-19.
Fever-Free Protocol – Untested or Tested Negative
- If a student is out due to fever, diarrhea or vomiting, they must remain free of these symptoms x 24 hours (without the use of medications) before returning to school.
- Those that are symptomatic but have not been tested or tested negative will also use the symptom‐based strategy CDC guidelines unless given a written release signed by their health care provider.
- Stay home if symptoms appear or if feeling sick & get a PCR Covid Test.
Please continue to keep us informed of any positive or close contact cases.
This message, along with the newest CDC guidelines & documents, have been posted on our school website for your convenience.
Please Stay safe & Stay healthy.